Sunday, August 30, 2015

Strawberry Shortcake at Plaza Inn - Disneyland



Plaza Inn at Disneyland has the best meal in the theme park in its fried chicken.

But it also has, in my opinion, the best dessert in its strawberry shortcake. Just like the fried chicken, there's nothing particularly revolutionary or innovative about it--it's just good.

There's just four components: the moist cake cut into two rounds, thick whipped cream, strawberry sauce, and the strawberries.

Surrounded by a lake of sauce, one of the cake rounds becomes the base. All around the sides, sliced strawberries climb a Matterhorn of cream in an expedition to the summit.

Plaza Inn
1313 Harbor Blvd.
Disneyland Park
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 781-3463

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Centrál Coastal Peruvian - Laguna Beach

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger briannie said...

Did you know that you could order the chicken a la carte at Plaza Inn? The meal works out for my husband and I (he enjoys white meat, and I only eat dark)-- but if I were to go on my own, I would be happy with just 2 thighs.

Chicken Breast: $4.60

Chicken Thigh: $2.60

Drumstick: $2.49

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger briannie said...

Did you know that you could order the chicken a la carte at Plaza Inn? The meal works out for my husband and I (he likes white meat, and I like dark), but if you only wanted a piece or two, it ends up being a great cheap meal.

Chicken Breast: $4.60

Chicken Thigh: $2.60

Drumstick: $2.49

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Wow! I had no idea! That's great! I mean I like their mashed potatoes and green beans, but sometimes I just want that chicken!

Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home