Thursday, May 07, 2015

Fast 5 Pizza - Santa Ana


The pepperoni pizza you see above is $5.50. Yes. $5.50 for 8 slices: the highest satisfaction-to-price ratio of anything I've ever paid money for.

I don't know how the economics of it works. Fast 5 Pizza--a growing chain that gets its name from the fact that they actually used to sell these puppies for $5 each--must operate on the thinnest of margins. And though Little Caesars offers a similar deal, the difference is that these are pizzas I'd actually want to eat.

They're thick crusted, baked in pans within 8 minutes of your order, and actually all ready to go if you want the pepperoni during the dinner rush. But they're more than I expected them to be for a whole pizza that costs less than foot-long at Subway.

I got a whole bunch of them to feed a gathering of friends for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, which, I don't think I have to tell you, had the LOWEST satisfaction-to-price ratio of anything I've ever paid money for.

Fast 5 Pizza
1473 S Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92707
(714) 550-4115

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Vegan Nirvana - Huntington Beach

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger the swedish cave girl said...

Hey I love your food blog! Check out mine and let's connect?

swedishcavegirl.blogspot.com

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Huy | HungryHuy.com said...

Yum! These guys must have had a big uptick when the film Fast 5 came out aye?

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Jennifer,

Love your site! I have a lot to learn about Paleo!

Huy,

That was my thought exactly!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home