Sunday, March 01, 2015

Cookie Connection - Irvine


This is not a story so much about these cookies, but about who I got it from: my dental hygienist.

Yes, the medical professional whose job it is to clean my teeth and remind me to floss and brush regularly, gave me cookies--a whole box of sweet, sticky, chocolate-containing cookies from Cookie Connection.

But before you make any wise cracks about how she did it to ensure her dental office continues to get my business--you are right: they will. But not in the way that you think. Her thoughtful gesture not only guarantees my loyalty to this dental office, but warms my heart.

It also has shown me that good karma pays back with dividends, because, you see, this hygienist is also my better half's dental hygienist; and as I mentioned before in a previous post, during the holidays my better half buys boxes upon boxes of Xa's Sweet & Savory Cafe's cookies to give them away to people.

Our dental hygienist was one of those recipients and now she was returning the favor!


And because I happened to be the first out of the two of us to have a dental appointment after the holidays, she gave me the cookies to bring home...which goes back to my earlier point: good karma pays back with dividends. In this case, it was in the form of delicious chewy cookies.

There were many in the box, including a dense, powdered sugar-dusted brownie that tasted like, well, a really good brownie. But my favorite has to be the s'mores cookie wherein not only the marshmallows and chocolate chunks have been embedded into the cookie dough as though jewels on a crown, but also, a whole graham cracker. It was fused into the bottom like Quato from Total Recall.

I shared the cookies with my better half, who was also grateful for the gift. And just in case my hygienist is reading this, I promptly brushed my teeth and flossed afterward.

Cookie Connection
3720-3992 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 554-5551

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Garlic & Chives - Garden Grove

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger caninecologne said...

Free your mind....

Quato


That being said, what an excellent gift!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

...and the rest will follow.

Oh wait, that's En Vogue!

HAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home